RSF serves both nonprofit and for-profit social enterprises that meet these general criteria:
- Mission that addresses one of RSF’s three focus areas – Food & Agriculture, Education & the Arts, Ecological Stewardship – or that furthers the field of social finance;
- Excellent management and governance;
- Sustainable approaches to design, sourcing, manufacturing, and distribution;
- Workforce relations incorporating fair trade principles;
- Capital structure and existing financial partners that reflect commitment to social good and environmental sustainability.
For-profit applicants must also meet RSF’s social enterprise criteria:
- Must be socially superior to other existing products;
- Product educates consumers at point of sale;
- Product packaging and lifecycle demonstrate sustainability.
- Demonstrates principles of green manufacturing/production;
- Demonstrates commitment to the local community;
- Employs equitable and inclusive HR practices.
- Supply Chain:
- Commitment to local and fair trade communities;
- Demonstrates transparency at all levels;
- Adds social and economic value to supply chain partners.
Visit the RSF Social Enterprise Lending page for additional criteria.
- Printed from http://rsfsocialfinance.org/services/lending/borrower-criteria/