Social Enterprise Lending
The Social Enterprise Lending Program offers mortgage loans, construction loans, equipment loans, and working capital lines of credit exclusively to nonprofit and for-profit organizations dedicated to improving the well-being of society and the environment. Loans range in size from $200,000 – $5 million.
Click here to view a full list of our current borrowers.
Loan Pricing: RSF Prime
Beginning on October 1, 2009, interest rates for new loans made through RSF’s Social Enterprise Lending Program are set on the basis of an independent benchmark called “RSF Prime”. RSF Prime is equivalent to the RSF Social Investment Fund interest rate plus a spread of 4.0% used to fund RSF’s operations. The interest rate for the RSF Social Investment Fund is determined and adjusted by RSF on a quarterly basis as informed by our community of borrowers and investors. The aim of this approach is to further incorporate the principles of associative economics into our lending process, whereby investors and borrowers agree on a mutually beneficial rate that reflects the needs of the entire community. Loan pricing within our Social Enterprise Lending Program uses RSF Prime as a base rate and can be risk-adjusted per borrower.
The rate for RSF Prime for 2013 Q4: 4.50%.
Social Enterprise Lending Criteria
Successful applicants to the Social Enterprise Lending Program will demonstrate the following:
- Alignment with RSF’s mission areas and either nonprofit status or for-profit operations meeting RSF’s Social Enterprise criteria;
- Incorporated in the US or Canada;
- Strong collateral (which may include pledge or guarantee communities);
- Excellent history of repayment (both interest and principal) on any existing debt;
- 3 or more years of operating history;
- Enterprise is profitable, or can demonstrate a clear path to profitability in 12 months;
- Revenues of $1M or greater preferred (for-profits applicants only).
Apply for a Loan
If you are interested in a loan and your social enterprise meets these criteria, please fill out our online loan pre-application form.
Once we have received and approved your pre-application, someone from RSF Lending Services will contact you to determine a fit and, if appropriate, invite you to submit a full loan application. This will require additional documentation, which generally includes historical and projected financial statements, board officer and management resumes, and a narrative business plan.
For more information about the RSF Social Enterprise Lending Program, please contact Reed Mayfield at 415.561.6175.
- Printed from http://rsfsocialfinance.org/services/lending/social-enterprise/