Client Engagement, Manager or Senior Manager
RSF Social Finance is a nonprofit organization dedicated to using the tools of finance to bring about positive, real-world change. Our goal is not only to make capital available to groundbreaking social enterprises; it’s to transform the way people work with money. RSF supports a broad range of nonprofit and for-profit social enterprises in the fields of Food & Agriculture, Education & the Arts, and Climate & the Environment. Primary services include our investing and lending programs, philanthropic programs and services, and Integrated Capital Institute. In partnership with our investors and donors, RSF has made over $750 million in loans, investments and grants since 1984, placing us in the top tier of social finance organizations worldwide.
The Manager/Senior Manager, Client Engagement is responsible for the management of the Social Investment Fund (SIF) with a focus on relationship management, operations, and business development. This role includes stewarding existing SIF clients, selling SIF notes, and providing oversight to fund operations. This role is responsible for SIF investor cultivation, acquisition, and stewardship strategies and activities and represents RSF at industry events and conferences. This position informs RSF SIF notes structure and strategy, including improving operational efficiencies. This position also supports fundraising for Collaboratives and other funds, as needed. This position is responsible for meeting or exceeding RSF’s overall annual fundraising efforts working in collaboration with the Client Engagement team and CEO.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Relationship Management and Business Development
- Develop, cultivate and steward relationships with financial/wealth advisors, institutional investors, HNW individuals, and other RSF investors.
- Strengthen RSF’s relationship management and business development strategies, sales activities, and outreach efforts in support of the Social Investment Fund (SIF).
- Meet or exceed individual annual fundraising goals.
Social Investment Fund Operations & Strategy
- Support Client Services Associate with client stewardship, providing input on client inquiries and communicating with clients around complex matters (i.e. deceased clients with beneficiaries, IRA accounts, Trust accounts).
- Partner with Client Services Associate, Accounting, Systems, and Marketing teams on quarterly process for investor disbursements, statements, and reporting, as well as annual Fund Prospectus.
- Oversee completion of due-diligence requests from wealth advisors and clients.
Team Leadership & Community Engagement
- Collaborate with Client Engagement team members and CEO to meet overall annual fundraising, outreach, and solicitation goals.
- Oversee Client Engagement staff in managing Social Investment Fund relationships.
- Represent RSF at conferences and gatherings. Attend events to expand network, raise awareness about RSF offerings, and build new relationships.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in client engagement, operations, fundraising, or business development.
- At least 2 years of experience managing/supervising direct reports.
- Experience working with diverse communities, clients, and stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal and listening skills to build relationships with staff, clients, prospects, strategic partners, and the public.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills including the ability to speak and network at industry events and conferences.
- Strong knowledge of the key financial instruments and issues in social finance and impact investing.
- Experience working with HNW individual investors, family offices, wealth advisors, and/or foundations; capacity and commitment to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive relationships and information
- Sales experience, preferably including sales of investment products.
- Capacity to execute stewardship plans and fundraising campaigns.
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Series 7 and 63 license or Series 7 and 63 exam passage preferred.
- Strong computer skills including, but not limited to CRM databases, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Ability and willingness to do administrative work, including scheduling meetings, recording information in Salesforce, following up with clients, and creating reports.
Compensation & Benefits:
The expected initial salary for this position is expected to be in the $80-105K range depending on experience. Other benefits include:
- A fulfilling work environment at a supportive and entrepreneurially driven organization
- A competitive compensation package including employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits
- Extremely generous vacation and sick leave benefits plus eleven paid holidays per year
- 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions after one year of employment
- Exposure to innovative ideas, projects, and collaborative staff activities
- Access to numerous professional development opportunities
Please click here and select the “apply now” button, fill out the application questions, and attach your resume along with a thoughtful cover letter. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance. Please also share how your skills and experience would make you successful in this role.
Please note that applications with typos and without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
RSF Social Finance complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and encourages and seeks qualified candidates from people of all backgrounds. Our goal is to ensure an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at our organization. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran statuses, and we’d love to learn about what you can add to our team.