The Financial Accountant is responsible for providing accounting support to the entire organization. This position also prepares journal entries, reconciles accounts, and performs monthly closings. The Financial Accountant communicates with diverse teams of stakeholders, including in-house and out-
sourced/remote colleagues/teams and reports to the Manager of Accounting.
Reconciliation & Closing
- Ensure completion (including all posting) and maintenance (including reconciliation) of assigned General Ledger accounts to an agreed schedule for production of monthly management and year end reporting. Sample of monthly entries include the following:
- Accrue monthly expenses ,including Diners Club CC expenses
- Acquire all receipts to support expense reports
- Account for release prepaid
- Account for record depreciation
- Post interest and other to funds and to affiliate companies
- Post overhead allocation to subsidiaries
- Investment and bank account reconciliations
- Upload entries in system
- Reconcile inter-company balances on a monthly basis and ensure postings are kept up to date.
Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable
- Review & deposit checks through remote deposit and enter details into accounting system.
- Enter accounts payable for assigned entity which includes:
- Making necessary phone calls to vendors/staff
- Ensure necessary approvals are on invoice/funding/disbursements request and expense reports submitted are complete
- Set the wires/print checks as requested
- Process lending/ development disbursement request
- Monitor accounts receivable; ensure all applicable costs are recharged to clients and paid promptly.
- Monitor bank accounts on a daily basis and notify appropriate departments about incoming wires/ACH.
- Participate in the upload of transactions to CAM LLC, loans. Support the Manager of Accounting in reconciling between custody accounts and fund reporting.
- Support quarter end statement production process as required.
- Participate in preparation of year end audit schedules as required.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the Accounting Team; provide backup support to other team members as needed.
- Provide support to Loan Servicing and reconcile loan activities between Nortridge & NAV databases
- Provide accounting support/report/analysis to other departments as requested
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Four-year college degree in Accounting from an accredited institution preferred
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrable experience functioning as an accounting professional
- Public Accounting and some nonprofit accounting experience a plus
- Fluency in oral and written English required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to compose documents and reports so that their intent is easily understood
- Must be able to prepare presentations and perform staff trainings as required
- Must have good knowledge of accounting processes, management of accounting operations, internal controls, GAAP, financial reporting and taxation rules, regulations and appropriate practices
- Must be able to accurately prepare and interpret financial data
- High level of skill providing direct accounting support in a multi-funded environment
- Demonstrated experience providing direct accounting support in a multi-funded environment
- Must be able to analyze chart of accounts
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Effective knowledge of NetSuite a plus
- Basic understanding of Salesforce preferred
- Experience with Accounting systems upgrades/changes
- Must be able to use the Internet for research and information-gathering
- Ability to exercise good judgment, manage time effectively to solve problems, and respond appropriately to changing circumstances and priorities
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Commitment to the purpose, values, and operating principles of RSF
- Must be able to use a computer for extended periods of time up to eight hours per day
- Must be able to frequently communicate orally and by telephone
- Must be able to occasionally lift boxes (up to 40 pounds)
- Ability to walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to work at RSF’s offices during regular office hours as set forth in RSF’s Employee Manual
- Must be available to occasionally work outside of regular office hours when needed
- Occasional travel for meetings, trainings, or conferences may be required
Compensation & Benefits:
The expected initial salary for this position is expected to be in the $60K to $70K range. Other benefits include:
- A fulfilling work environment at a supportive and entrepreneurially-driven organization
- A competitive compensation package including employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits
- Very generous vacation and sick leave benefits plus nine paid holidays per year
- 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions after one year of employment
- Exposure to innovative ideas, projects, and collaborative staff activities
- Access to numerous professional development opportunities
Please submit your resume via e-mail to HR@rsfsocialfinance.org along with a thoughtful cover letter. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance. Please also tell us why your skills and experience would make you successful in this role.
In the e-mail subject line, please write “Financial Accountant”.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
RSF Social Finance is an equal opportunity employer; candidates representing a diversity of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.