RSF Social Finance is an impact-focused financial intermediary committed to reimagining and transforming the economy. Centering relationships, RSF uses the tools of finance to bring about positive, real-world change. Through lending, investing and giving we change the way people relate to and activate money. We connect social enterprises with various forms of capital to contribute to a more just, regenerative, and compassionate world. As a non-profit, RSF supports a broad range of social enterprises in the fields of Food & Agriculture, Education & the Arts, and Climate & the Environment. Primary services include our investing and lending programs and philanthropic programs and services. In partnership with our investors and donors, RSF has made over $850 million in loans and grants since 1984, placing us in the top tier of social finance organizations worldwide.
The Legal Assistant/Paralegal will report to RSF’s General Counsel and have the opportunity to interact with our incredible colleagues, clients and partners across internal departments and client offerings. Candidates should have excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills and a passion for changing the world!
- Manage the General Counsel’s legal docket, coordinate workflow and prioritize legal work so that all deadlines can be met.
- Manage calendar for corporate entity filings and other regulatory filings and requirements.
- Support corporate governance activities, policy compliance and other internal corporate matters, including assisting the General Counsel and CEO with preparation for board and committee meetings.
- Draft documents for board meetings, including drafting agendas and resolutions.
- Manage corporate administrative tasks, including document filing, data organization and daily tracking of documents, including routing documents for signature and distribution.
- Conduct contract and file reviews.
- Coordinate with outside counsel and internal clients in connection with securities offerings, regulatory matters, and transactional closings.
- Project management responsibilities across various legal initiatives and special projects.
Responsible for office administrative duties, including opening and routing mail
Schedule appointments, including meetings and conferences for the General Counsel and other members of the Executive Team, as needed.
Manage external billing and accounts payable for outside counsel and other external vendors and service providers.
- BA/BS degree
- 2+ years supporting legal either at a law firm or in house as a paralegal, legal assistant, project manager or equivalent (applicants with experience in finance, investing, or the nonprofit sector will also be considered)
- Excellent attention to detail, document review and proofreading skills
- Exceptional planning, organizational and time management skills
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to communicate both orally and in written communications effectively and accurately
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills to be able to work with employees at all levels within the firm and maintain information in the strictest of confidence
- Capacity for working independently, creatively, and efficiently
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Please submit your resume via e-mail to HR@rsfsocialfinance.org along with a thoughtful cover letter. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance. Please also tell us how your skills and experience would enable you to be successful in this role. In the e-mail subject line, please write “Legal Assistant/Paralegal”. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
RSF Social Finance is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.