Manager, Strategy & Special Projects
RSF Social Finance is an impact-focused financial intermediary committed to reimagining and transforming the economy. Centering relationships, RSF uses the tools of finance to bring about positive, real-world change. Through lending, investing and giving we change the way people relate to and activate money. We connect social enterprises with various forms of capital to contribute to a more just, regenerative, and compassionate world. As a non-profit, RSF supports a broad range of social enterprises in the fields of Food & Agriculture, Education & the Arts, and Climate & the Environment. RSF is committed to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion both internally and in who we fund. Primary services include our investing and lending programs and philanthropic programs and services. In partnership with our investors and donors, RSF has made over $850 million in loans and grants since 1984, placing us in the top tier of social finance organizations worldwide.
The Strategy and Special Projects manager will report to RSF’s CEO and support the Executive team with projects and initiatives. This role also serves as secretary for RSF’s Board of Trustees.
- Support the CEO and the Executive Team with strategic projects and initiatives
- Coordinate organization-wide legal projects and compliance support
- Serve as Board Secretary – provide Board support (agenda development, calendar management, minuting, document preparation and retention, committee support as needed)
- Support talent management, assist in leadership model & development tools for managers
- Strategic planning and reporting – ownership over the process and documentation of the strategic plan, determining/measuring/reporting key performance indicators
- Plan and design board, staff, and executive team meetings, trainings, off-sites
- Project manage RSF’s impact measurement and reporting
- Explore strategic partnerships as directed by the CEO
- Establish a focused internship program
- Provide limited external scheduling support to the CEO
- Manage office space and mail
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate degree preferred (business, law or similar)
- 5 years of experience in impact finance or with a social enterprise
- Process oriented, collaborative by nature
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail, document review and proofreading skills
- Exceptional planning, organizational and time management skills
- The ability to communicate both orally and in written communications effectively and accurately
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills to be able to work with clients, employees, and board members and maintain information in the strictest of confidence
- Capacity for working independently, creatively, and efficiently
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Please submit your resume via e-mail to HR@rsfsocialfinance.org along with a thoughtful cover letter. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance. Please also tell us how your skills and experience would enable you to be successful in this role. In the e-mail subject line, please write “Manager, Strategy & Special Projects”. Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
RSF Social Finance is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, political affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.