Senior Associate, Philanthropic Services and Operations
ABOUT RSF Social Finance:
RSF Social Finance seeks to revolutionize how people relate to and work with money. We’re a financial services organization that has formed a growing community of motivated, values-driven investors, donors, and entrepreneurs. Together, we are committed to transforming an unjust and extractive economy to one that brings healing and regeneration.
RSF envisions an economy rooted in equity, healing, and interconnectedness.
Our mission is to catalyze transformation by circulating capital to social enterprises for a more just, regenerative, and compassionate world.
We value Trust, Courage, and Collaboration.
Social finance uses financial resources in service to innovative, values-driven economic initiatives. The focus is on building direct relationships between the transaction participants so they may understand and work together to meet everyone’s needs.
For over 38 years, RSF has focused on relationships over transactions, integration over fragmentation, and mutual support over competition. When you join RSF, you become part of a highly engaged team that lives these values with each other and their clients.
We are growing to meet the needs of our community! We are looking for staff who are ready for a career with a mission-driven organization, want to be valued, have diverse experience and skills, and want to have fun! If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our team!
Reporting to the Manager of Philanthropic Services & Operations, the Senior Associate, Philanthropic Services and Operations supports the management and operations of RSF Social Finance’s philanthropic funds. This role is client-focused, data-driven, and process-oriented. This new position ensures work is executed efficiently and that it produces excellent donor and grantee experiences.
The Senior Associate is an integral role within the Operations team, liaising with clients and grantees to process all gifts in and grants out of RSF’s philanthropic funds. This role will require collaboration with colleagues to maintain and improve processes, policies, and documents related to philanthropic funds. This position also supports additional activities including, but not limited to, administration, cross-department projects, and writing grant proposals on behalf of RSF.
Despite having our headquarters in San Francisco, RSF operates a mostly fully remote workforce and this position is 100% remote. This role does not require regular travel to the SF Bay Area, but may require infrequent (1-2 times per year) travel to the SF Bay Area or other locations for meetings.
Philanthropic Fund Management & Client Experience (40%):
- Manage account opening, closing, or special circumstances in our systems
- Maintain fund-related documents and keep systems up to date
- Deliver professional, friendly, and timely customer service to clients, grantees, colleagues, and vendors
- Answer any questions pertaining to RSF’s philanthropic funds, client portal, or policies
- Lead process and system improvement projects
Gifts and Grants Management (45%):
- Track and document all gifts into RSF’s philanthropic funds (credit card, check, ACH, wire, and stocks); support the monthly bank reconciliation
- Manage the grants process from start to finish (including recommendation clarifications, payment issues, and report collection and review)
- Conduct all necessary due diligence based on grant type (Domestic & International)
- Initiate and maintain communications so grants are processed in a timely manner
- Ensure proper grants coding and preparation for successful payment
- Write grant proposals on behalf of RSF; edit and manage documents and materials for grant applications
Data Integrity & Reporting (15%):
- Ensure all gift, grant, and fund activity is recorded properly in system of record and integrates correctly with other systems
- Be responsible for data integrity in various systems
- Maintain confidentiality for sensitive information
- Produce a variety of different reports relating to gifts, grants, funds, or individuals upon request
- Generate key performance indicators and provide observations on organizational performance levels
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 2-4 years of domestic and 1-3 years of international grantmaking experience, preferably with donor-advised funds or private foundations
- Experience with grants management systems and customer relationship management
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of programs; experience performing data analysis using Excel or similar application
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Ability to work and learn autonomously, quickly, and effectively; but also ask questions and work collaboratively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service and people skills; ability to work with diverse personalities and contexts
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive organization information
- Must be able to work remotely during RSF’s Pacific Standard Time work hours
- Must be available to occasionally work outside of regular office hours when needed
- 2+ years of experience in program or project management with varying levels of complexity and collaboration with various stakeholders
- Experience with office management systems and other technology tools (Adobe, DocuSign, SharePoint, Salesforce etc.)
- Practical experience in data management (database, VBA, and SQL)
- Experience writing grant proposals and performing technical analysis
RSF Social Finance is a proud equal opportunity employer supporting workforce diversity; candidates representing a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
RSF Social Finance is committed to providing a robust benefits package to complement compensation.
Our package includes:
- Very competitive compensation package commensurate with equivalent positions in the nonprofit finance sector
- 12 annual paid full day holidays; 5 paid half day holidays
- Very generous vacation accruals that increase with tenure. Equates to 19 days of vacation accrual in first year, increasing to 29 days accrual by the 5th year of employment. 10 days of paid sick leave is front loaded at hire
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance for employees and dependents with choice of plans, some buy-up options for a small fee
- 100% employer-paid Dental insurance for employees and dependents
- 100% employer-paid Vision insurance for employees and dependents
- 100% employer-paid Life and Long-term Disability insurance for employees
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts – medical and dependent care
- A 403B savings account with annual employer contribution
- Commuter Programs – pre-tax parking and transit coverage
- An Employee Assistance Program
- Additional voluntary benefits (additional life insurance, disability, accident, critical illness, and pet insurance) are also available
Medical benefit eligibility begins at 30 hours weekly. Eligibility begins first of the month following date of hire.
Please submit a resume directly to the Indeed.com posting here: https://www.indeed.com/job/senior-associate-philanthropic-services-and-operations-865386a509b59da6 explaining why you are interested in the mission/values/activities of RSF Social Finance and why you are qualified for this position.
No phone calls please.