RSF Social Finance seeks to hire Accounting & Finance professionals to join our team. As a social finance organization, RSF uses enterprise accounting software for fund accounting, in support of investing, lending, and philanthropic activities, in addition to typical business functions such as human resources and payables. Successful candidates must have general ledger experience, are familiar with Nortridge or other loan servicing software, are power users of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and NAV, have a basic understanding of Salesforce and are knowledgeable about IRS issues.
Applicants at all levels are invited; however, RSF has an immediate opening for an Accounting Manager or a Senior Accounting Manager with at least 7 years of accounting experience and some supervisory experience.
The ideal candidate for the Accounting Manager/Senior Accounting Manager position is an experienced accounting professional looking to make an impact. We need someone with strong managerial skills to lead RSF’s Accounting function. A “player-coach” mentality is essential. The ideal candidate will have a propensity for proactive communication, supported by excellent written and verbal communication skills. Creativity, flexibility, and a spirit of inquiry are critical. Successful candidates will be able to speak to a strong connection to RSF’s vision, mission, and values. A four-year college degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field is preferred.
Summary of Essential Duties & Responsibilities.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for providing oversight of general day-to-day accounting operations including work in the following areas:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Guarantee accurate, timely recording of all financial transactions for RSF and its related companies in compliance with applicable legal rules and regulations for a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- Ensure complete posting and reconciliation of all General Ledgers
- Manage cash-flow in each company and initiate transfers for operational needs
- Support Loan Servicing and reconcile loan activities between 2 internal databases
- Monitor and approve accounts payable and post transactions prepared by staff
- Provide reporting/support as requested by other departments
- Audit & Tax
- Drive successful completion of annual audits and tax filings; serve as primary contact with audit firm and IRS.
- Program Management
- Support quarter-end client statement production
- Implement and document compliance processes
The expected initial salary for this position is expected to be in the $70K range for a manager-level candidate, or in the $90K range for those with experience corresponding to the senior manager level. This position offers the unique opportunity to join an innovative financial services organization with a vision to transform the way the world works with money. Other benefits include:
- A fulfilling work environment at a supportive and entrepreneurially-driven organization A competitive compensation package including employer-paid medical, dental, and vision
- Very generous vacation and sick leave benefits plus nine paid holidays per year
- 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions after one year of employment
- Exposure to innovative ideas, projects, and collaborative staff activities
- Access to numerous professional development opportunities
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to HR@rsfsocialfinance.org. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance.
Please also tell us why your skills and experience would make you successful in this role. In the e-mail subject line, please write "Accounting Manager".
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis
RSF Social Finance is an equal opportunity employer; candidates representing a diversity of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Additional details and application instructions can be found at http://rsfsocialfinance.org/jobs/
Download the job description (PDF).