RSF Social Finance seeks to hire a Director of Finance and Accounting to join our team. As a social finance organization, accounting and finance leadership is critical to support RSF’s investing, lending, and philanthropic activities, in addition to typical business functions such as human resources and payables. Successful candidates must have served as controller or assistant controller of an audited nonprofit and/or lending business, possess in-depth general ledger experience and expertise in audit, tax, and IRS issues. Must be comfortable utilizing a variety of systems including: Salesforce, Nortridge or other loan servicing software, and be a power user of Microsoft Excel/Office, and NAV.
Applicants should have at least 8 years of accounting experience, including 5+ years at an audited nonprofit and/or lending institution, and 3+ years of management experience. Experience with managing a software conversions to cloud-based systems would be a plus.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Finance and Accounting position is an experienced finance and accounting professional looking to make an impact. We need someone with strong strategic planning and management experience to lead RSF’s Finance and Accounting function. A “player-coach” mentality is essential. The ideal candidate will have a propensity for proactive communication, supported by excellent written and verbal communication skills. Creativity, flexibility, and a spirit of inquiry are critical. Successful candidates will be able to speak to a strong connection to RSF’s vision, mission, and values. A four-year college degree from an accredited institution in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field and a CPA is preferred.
Summary of Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Director of Finance and Accounting would oversee finance and accounting at RSF, working in service to core business functions (lending, philanthropic services, and client engagement) and in collaboration with legal/compliance, information systems, and human resources. Responsibilities include the following:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Lead and manage annual RSF budgeting process; in 2017, lead re-design of budgeting by product including effective time tracking across the organization for cost analysis
- Optimize reporting and update documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions and oversee and manage integrity of subledgers
- Monitor and approve accounts payable and post transactions prepared by staff
- Provide support and serve as key business partner to teams, especially Lending and Philanthropic Services.
- Ensure the accurate and timely recording of all financial transactions for RSF and its related companies in compliance with applicable legal rules and regulations for an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- Monitor and approve accounts payable and post transactions prepared by Staff Accountant(s)
- Ensure completion (including all posting) and maintenance (including all internal and bank reconciliations) of all General Ledgers to agreed schedule for production of monthly management and year-end reporting
- Oversee intercompany transactions to ensure accuracy and ensure regular overhead allocation between RSF and its related companies
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system and a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Maintain and make recommendations to simplify the chart of accounts
- Support quarter-end statement production process as required
- Maintain cash-flow in each company, and initiate transfers as necessary depending on operational needs
- Drive successful completion of annual audits and tax filings; serve as primary contact with audit firm and IRS.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide reporting/support as requested by other departments
The expected initial salary for this position is expected to be in the $120-130k range based on experience with potential for growth in the near-term. This position offers the unique opportunity to join an innovative financial services organization with a vision to transform the way the world works with money. Other benefits include:
- A fulfilling work environment at a supportive and entrepreneurially-driven organization A competitive compensation package including employer-paid medical, dental, and vision
- Very generous vacation and sick leave benefits plus nine paid holidays per year
- 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions after one year of employment
- Exposure to innovative ideas, projects, and collaborative staff activities
- Access to numerous professional development opportunities
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to HR@rsfsocialfinance.org. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance. Please also tell us why your skills and experience would make you successful in this role. In the e-mail subject line, please write "Director of Finance".
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis
RSF Social Finance is an equal opportunity employer; candidates representing a diversity of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Additional details and application instructions can be found at http://rsfsocialfinance.org/jobs/
Download the job description (PDF).