Updated May 6, 2015
We currently have one open position:
RSF also offers Internship and Fellowship programs each year.
Imagine working with a group of thoughtful, committed colleagues to transform the way the world works with money.
At RSF Social Finance, we bring our individual passions, experience, and skills to meet the needs of others through innovative and integrated investing, lending, and giving services that generate positive social and environmental impact while fostering community and collaboration among participants.
With a 30 year track record of deploying loans, grants, and other catalytic capital to non-profit and for-profit social enterprises, RSF is recognized nationwide as a leader in the field of social finance. As an organization of fewer than 50 employees, RSF’s approach is to grow our team by adding one person at a time. In doing so we identify and seek a particular set of skills and experience to meet specific organizational needs, while seeking candidates who are also aligned with our purpose, values, and operating principles.
RSF Social Finance seeks to hire a full-time Receptionist responsible for providing a broad range of administrative and clerical support to RSF Social Finance. This position also answers phones and greets clients, coordinates events, coordinates office purchasing, and assists with facilities management.
Reception & Facilities
- Warmly greet visitors, guests, and clients
- Answer the main phone line and deliver mail and faxes to staff
- Maintain high sense of cleanliness and organization in common areas (reception area, conference rooms, kitchens and basements), redecorating and reorganizing when needed
- Purchase office and kitchen supplies
- Communicate with housekeeping service/building maintenance staff as requested by Office Manager
- Assist Office Manager with facilities management items including: alarm system, network printers, and postage machine. Ensure that all facilities items receive needed maintenance.
- Support staff in meeting room setup
- Assist with coordinating office furniture needs and desk setup for employees
- Coordinate improvements for safety and emergency planning
- Provide administrative support as needed, including filing, copying, arrangement of meetings, conference calls, and travel arrangements
- Coordinate and pick up lunch for the CEO on a daily basis
- Monitor inventory for letterhead and envelopes; place orders with printing vendor as needed
- Support quarterly client statement mailing and board packet mailing projects
- Assist with compiling and submitting monthly expense reports and credit card reconciliations
- Coordinate shipping and mailing for teams
- Accurately input and update data in Salesforce database
- Special projects as assigned
- Assist Office Manager in coordinating logistics for “community building” staff events including special meetings, brown bag lunches, staff trainings, staff retreats, summer picnic, and annual holiday party
- Organize, prepare, or provide weekly Friday continental breakfast for all staff
- Prep for onsite board meetings, including but not limited to coordinating catering, room setup, and providing supplies
- Coordinate catering for regularly scheduled and other meetings as requested
- Assist marketing team with booth logistics for local social finance partner conferences and events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 1-2 years’ administrative/office work experience; receptionist experience preferred
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required as the position requires daily phone and email correspondence with staff, vendors, and clients
- Fluency in oral and written English required
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills required
- Basic math skills are needed for compiling expense reports and mileage logs
- Proficiency with contract review and analysis a plus
- Organized, highly meticulous with excellent follow-through and responsiveness
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong customer -service orientation and interpersonal skills; ability to interact professionally with diverse stakeholders in person and on the phone
- Initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to pitch in at all times
- Ability to effectively use business software such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to use the Internet for research and information-gathering
- Ability to quickly learn a database (e.g., Salesforce)
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and effectively interact with guests and clients
- Ability to solve problems with initiative and flexibility, and respond appropriately to changing circumstances and priorities
- Ability to multi-task, learn quickly, and effectively manage time and trouble-shoot
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits:
The expected initial salary for this position is expected to be in the low-to-mid $40K range. This position offers the unique opportunity to join an innovative financial services organization with a vision to transform the way the world works with money. Other benefits include:
- A fulfilling work environment at an supportive and entrepreneurially-driven organization
- A competitive compensation package including employer-paid medical, dental, and vision
- Very generous vacation and sick leave benefits plus nine paid holidays per year
- 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions after one year of employment
- Exposure to innovative ideas, projects, and collaborative staff activities
- Access to numerous professional development opportunities
Please submit your resume via e-mail to HR@rsfsocialfinance.org along with a thoughtful cover letter. In the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social Finance. Please also tell us why your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for this position, and also include a paragraph sharing your definition of “exceptional client service”, and why you think it is important.
In the e-mail subject line, please write “Receptionist”.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The application deadline is Sunday, May 3rd.
RSF Social Finance is an equal opportunity employer; candidates representing a diversity of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Click here for a printable version of the job announcement.
In the spirit of building the field of social finance, RSF Social Finance offers fellowship and internship programs each year open to talented college students and recent graduates.
Social Impact Fellowship
Various locations across the US and Canada
Each year, RSF seeks exceptional, analytical, and entrepreneurial Social Impact Fellows to serve in an eight month Fellowship role. Open to graduate students and professionals within the US and Canada who are seeking a career in social finance, Social Impact Fellows identify, vet, and pitch promising social impact businesses and organizations to RSF for financing (senior-secured debt.) The Fellow is responsible for scanning and understanding the local, regional, and national landscape for high potential innovations, trends, and movements within RSF’s focus areas that emphasize the creation of social value and impact; sourcing for-profit and non-profit social enterprises that exhibit both financial sustainability and significant social impact; conducting preliminary due diligence including financial analysis and underwriting on live deals within RSF’s pipeline; and presenting the business case for investment to senior staff at RSF. Successful Fellows will gain a reputation for his/her strategic ability to spot and qualify ground-breaking and pioneering approaches to solving pressing social problems through business.
The fellows for 2014-2015 have been selected. Check back for future opportunities.
Internship positions are typically available during the summer term of each year, in which Intern(s) work closely with one or more departments within RSF. Exact duties and qualifications for the position(s) vary from year to year. Internships are paid, and require an on-site commitment of 10-12 weeks over the summer. Internships are typically announced by March 1st of each year, with an application deadline of mid-to-late March. Unfortunately, RSF is unable to offer an internship program for Summer 2015. Graduate students and working professionals should consider applying for the Social Impact Fellows program for the 2015-16 school year.