The Program Associate, Philanthropic Services & Client Engagement is responsible for a broad range of duties in support of the operations of RSF’s philanthropic and client engagement programs. This position offers an outstanding opportunity for a professional looking to grow their skills and expertise in philanthropy and donor stewardship with a focus on operations and data management. The Associate will be responsible for managing the core operations behind both the Philanthropic Services and Client Engagement teams at RSF, which includes data management, gift processing and acknowledgment, incoming and outgoing grants administration, prospect research, and fundraising campaign support.
- Process weekly grants out, including administration, documentation and data entry, and due diligence.
- Create, maintain, and monitor grants activity reports in Salesforce database.
- Track and review grantee reports.
- Support Philanthropic Services contract management.
- Support other Philanthropic Services programs as needed, including Shared Gifting and Integrated Capital initiatives.
Donor Stewardship & Data Management
- Record financial transactions for RSF and its related companies in compliance with applicable legal rules and regulations for an IRS 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization
- Complete GL posting and maintenance (including reconciliation) of all General Ledgers to agreed schedule for production of monthly management and year-end reporting
- Record intercompany transactions to ensure accuracy and ensure regular overhead allocation between RSF and its related companies
- Assist in the streamlining of accounting process and including a change to new cloud-based software
- Support quarter-end statement production process as required
- Coordinate and maintain donor/prospect information and activity in Salesforce database.
- Maintain the Client Engagement calendar including key donor/investor engagement touchpoints and grant proposal and reporting deadlines.
- Serve as a “power user” of Salesforce database, leading team on constituent record maintenance and consistent usage across team and for specific functions (e.g. capturing event data).
- Process incoming gifts and generate tax receipts in coordination with Accounting team.
- Develop and prepare reports related to donor stewardship and prospect development.
- Assist in development and implementation of donor stewardship plan for RSF’s Integrated Capital Collaboratives.
- Support the creation and submission of proposals and reports to institutional funders and donors.
- Prepare team members for key fundraising meetings and conduct prospect research as requested.
- Provide scheduling support for regular Client Engagement team meetings and key external fundraising meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Coordinate department-related maintenance and improvements of Salesforce database, including needs assessments, beta testing, and interface with Information Systems team.
- Support quarterly Philanthropic Services and Social Investment Fund client statement process.
- Support creation and maintenance of program and process documentation.
- Assist with annual Philanthropic Services and Client Engagement goal setting and planning process.
- Undertake special projects as needed.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years prior administrative experience in development or grants administration
- Experience working in a non-profit environment with donors strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills required, with sensitivity and appreciation for diverse viewpoints and various communication styles
- Basic understanding of program and organizational budgets preferred
- Strong data entry and management skills with excellent attention to detail required
- Excellent organizational and systems thinking skills
- Ability to manage several tasks and competing priorities in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Flexibility, collaborative impulse, and humor
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Experience working with fundraising database required
- Knowledge of Salesforce required
- Demonstrated ability to tactfully interact with, and make decisions related to, donors
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement improvements in processes and data management
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Commitment to the purpose, values, and operating principles that inform RSF’s work
- Ability to handle sensitive client information with a high degree of confidentiality
- Must be available to occasionally work outside of regular office hours when needed
- Occasional travel may be required
The expected initial salary for this position is expected to be in the low to mid $50K range. Other
- A fulfilling work environment at a supportive and entrepreneurially-driven organization
- A competitive compensation package including employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance benefits
- Very generous vacation and sick leave benefits plus nine paid holidays per year 403(b) plan with employer-paid contributions after one year of employment
- Exposure to innovative ideas, projects, and collaborative staff activities
- Access to numerous professional development opportunities
Please submit your resume via e-mail to HR@rsfsocialfinance.org
along with a thoughtful cover letter. In
the cover letter, please explain why you are interested in the mission, values, and activities of RSF Social
Finance. Please also tell us why your skills and experience would make you successful in this role.
In the e-mail subject line, please write “Program Associate”.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The application deadline is Monday, August 21st.
RSF Social Finance is an equal opportunity employer; candidates representing a diversity of backgrounds
are encouraged to apply.
Download the job description (PDF).