RSF Social Finance is an innovative partner to social entrepreneurs, investors and donors. With $190M in assets under management, we provide capital and a network of connections to leading social enterprises in the US and Canada. Our funding tools span the spectrum from senior secured debt to subordinated debt, loan guarantees, and equity investments and grants. To date, RSF has deployed over $450 million in loans, grants and investments into for-profit companies and nonprofit organizations.
: San Francisco, CA
As an RSF Social Finance Summer Intern, you will work on a combination of the following high priority projects:
- Integrated capital investing: utilize a mix of debt, equity, guarantees, and grants to support the growth and impact of social enterprises. Gain direct experience supporting due diligence, structuring, and deploying capital that best suits the needs of entrepreneurs with long-term success in mind.
- Strategy & Operations:
- Investment process: coordinate, develop, and document best practices to integrate RSF’s pipeline development, deal evaluation, and decision making across various teams and products.
- Competitive landscape analysis: map the evolving marketplace around RSF to more clearly differentiate RSF and the context of each of our offerings.
- Asset Management: contribute to the development of a version 3.0 of investment strategy for RSF’s philanthropic client capital.
Longer term career opportunities exist with RSF Social Finance, with our portfolio organizations, clients, and partners whom you would have the opportunity to work with during the summer.
Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 3-5 years of full-time work experience and are current MBA students. Other desired characteristics include:
- Proven commitment to social change through innovation, investment, and entrepreneurship through work with social enterprises as a funder, manager, or board member.
- Demonstrated analytical rigor, strategic thinking and operational experience as evidenced by management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, or direct investment work.
- Collaborative team player and creative thinker
To apply, please e-mail your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the e-mail subject line please write “Your Name – Your School” Attachment with resume and cover letter should be combined into 1 PDF file labeled “First Name_Last Name_RSF Internship Application” No phone calls please.
We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
RSF Social Finance is an equal opportunity employer; candidates representing a diversity of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Additional details and application instructions can be found at http://rsfsocialfinance.org/jobs/
Download the job description (PDF).