RSF Social Finance Board of Trustees Opportunity
Sep 15 2020
RSF Social Finance is seeking qualified new board members to expand and diversify its current Board.
RSF is a nonprofit financial intermediary located in San Francisco, California. With over 2,000 clients, RSF maintains more than $240 million in consolidated assets.
RSF’s mission is to catalyze transformation by circulating money to create a more just, regenerative and compassionate economy. RSF provides loans to groundbreaking social enterprises, philanthropic services, and the opportunity for individuals and organizations to align their money with their values.
The Board of Trustees operates under the Policy Governance model and holds quarterly board meetings and monthly financial calls. Board members also actively participate in committee work. Trustees are not compensated for their service; however travel-related costs are reimbursed.
The Board is especially interested in candidates who bring a diversity of life experience and perspectives to their work. RSF is deeply committed to strengthening the organization by engaging BIPOC individuals, LGBTQ+ community members, generations X and Y and gender-diverse and gender-nonconforming candidates.
Preferred qualifications for new board members include:
- Significant experience in enterprise lending, philanthropy, impact investing, executive leadership, finance, or accounting in a financial institution
- Expertise in one of RSF’s impact areas:
- Education & Arts
- Sustainable Food & Agriculture
- Climate & Environment
- Social Justice & Inclusion
- A passion for social finance and a commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- An ability and willingness to build strong community relationships for RSF, with the intended purpose of attracting new investors, donors, and/or borrowers
Please email the Board Development Committee at email@example.com for more information and/or to express interest in a board position.